Derma Roller (or dermaroller) treatment for acne and acne scars is a type of Microneedling treatment that is creating waves in the dermatological field. Not only has it been proven to work on acne scar tissue; it can also improve overall skin tone and texture. In this guide on dermaroller for acne scars treatment, we will study the reviews of this microneedling therapy and how it can help reduce pimples, zits and their subsequent scarring.
What is Dermaroller acne treatment? How does one use it?
Dermaroller is very similar in appearance to a hair brush except that, instead of bristles, it has tiny needles attached to it. Dermaroller acne treatment can be undergone in a dermatologist’s office or even at home. The sharp, fine needles need to be rolled all over the scar tissue where they break down and stimulate the skin cells to help them proliferate and heal themselves. Dermaroller acne treatment is proven to boost collagen and elastin formation by improving the blood supply. This device is developed on the principles of neo-collagenesis and neo-angiogenesis, both of which enable the skin to better absorb acne skin care products used post treatment. In office dermaroller for acne treatment is usually done under local anesthesia and makes use of 0.5 to 1.5 mm needles depending on the patient’s needs.
Dermaroller acne scar treatment can even be comfortably done at home.Many women use it not just used for healing their acne and acne scars, but also for treating wrinkles, stretch marks, birth marks, skin pigmentation etc.
Dermaroller acne treatment reviews
Many people who have tried Dermaroller acne treatment have given positive reviews about it. Here are some advantages of this treatment for acne scarring:
- The treatment is very effective for improving the thickness of the epidermis.
- Apart from acne scars, it also works on spots, wrinkles and other age related skin issues. This in turn improves the skin texture to provide anti-aging benefits.
- People who have used this treatment have even seen an improvement in collagen fibers.
- The roller is ideal for improving blood circulation which in turn reduces scars and hyper-pigmentation.
The best part about dermaroller treatment for acne and acne scars is that it is completely safe for most skin types. There is no post-procedural scarring, redness or other negative side effects.
Dermapen-A type of Dermaroller
Dermapen is a type of dermaroller acne treatment which is available online and offline for home use. You can safely use this treatment at home; nevertheless it is best to consult an expert before you do so. Most reviewers suggest that any kind of microneedling requires multiple sessions and probably works only on the superficial acne scarring.That being said; some dermatologists are known to recommend dermabrasion using Dermarollers to patients with dark skin and acne issues. For very deep scar tissues, other methods like punch excision must be used alongside the dermaroller treatment.
Summary of benefits of Dermaroller For Acne Scars Treatment
- It is fast treatment which can be done safely at home. In office, you might need a couple of sessions depending on how deep your acne scar tissue is.
- Compared to most acne scar treatments, dermaroller for acne scars is relatively cheaper.
- Alongside acne and acne scars, the treatment can also help tighten the skin by reducing wrinkles, loose skin folds and age related issues.
- Dermaroller acne scar treatment can also help lighten the skin significantly.
- It can be used safely on the face as well as other parts of the body.
- It helps make acne skin care medication more effective.
Contraindications of dermaroller acne treatment
Avoid dermaroller if you have any of the following skin conditions:
- Open skin wounds
- Chronic skin eruptions
- Open or popped zits
- Eczema or allergic dermatitis
How to use the dermaroller
- Prepare the face by cleansing it gently. Use steaming to open pores. Apply a toner if needed.
- Apply a mild anesthetic.
- Stretch the skin so as to make it tight. This will help the dermaroller work on all pores.
- After use, apply acne medication. This will make the skin more receptive to the medicine and give you better results.
- Use the dermaroller at least 2 times each week for 10-15 minutes each.
- Make use of serums or moisturizer as well as daily sunscreen to protect the skin when undergoing this treatment.
Do talk to your dermatologist to see if Dermaroller acne treatment is indeed right for your acne.