The number of adults suffering from acne and seeking adult acne treatment in the United States as well as other parts of the world is increasing. However, getting a blemish free skin is no longer a dream, but a reality. One can control adult acne provided one understands the trigger factors that cause the condition in the first place.
Why choose an effective adult acne program?
An effective adult acne treatment program can ensure eliminating acne from its roots. Many adults are under the misconception that they should simply let the acne run its course. Dermatologists are completely against doing so. Without using the right adult acne treatment, one has greater chances of having permanent scarring or blemishes and repeated acne flare ups which in turn can lead to loss of self esteem and confidence. Today, there is a wide range of adult acne treatment options available in the market. Hence, one need not make acne part of one’s life but use the right solutions to get smooth and blemish-free skin one has always dreamed of.
Adult acne: causes and solutions
Typical causes of adult acne are: hormonal imbalance, poly cystic ovarian syndrome in women and use of the wrong cosmetic products, improper diet, stress and sedentary lifestyles. Instead of trying out over-the-counter products and treatments created for teenage acne, the right adult acne treatment must be obtained from the experts. That apart; the following tried, tested dos and don’ts can also be used to supplement the chosen treatment plan. Combined together, these are sure to show good results in getting rid of adult acne permanently:
- Use the right Cosmetics-It is important to use non comedogenic, non acnegenic and oil-free cosmetic skin care products (or as recommended by a dermatologist). These ensure that your pores do not clog further. Clogged pores harbor bacterium called P.Acnes which leads to the body’s immune system reacting unfavorably and eventually leading to acne. Hence, as a part of your adult acne treatment talk to your dermatologist regarding the skin and hair products most suited for your skin type. Cleansing, toning and moisturizing routine must be followed daily with these right products.
- Sign up for a stress management program– If you are leading a stressful lifestyle, chances are that your acne flare ups can be blamed on the same. Most adult acne treatment options will fail if you do not effectively control your stress. Regular walking, jogging, swimming, Yoga and meditation are excellent forms of controlling stress levels and also ensure releasing the feel-good hormones in the body which help counter the negative acne-causing effects of androgens.
- Cut sugar from the diet– Too much sugar in the blood makes the skin more vulnerable to acne as well as other forms of skin infections. Bacteria like to feed off the sugar; hence controlling sugar intake is an important part of supplementing the adult acne treatment.
- Drugs- Many cases of adult acne flare-ups are a result of medicines and drugs that are being taken for treating other health conditions. Often oral contraceptive pills or medication taken for infertility treatment may be the cause of acne. Do talk to your doctor regarding alternatives that will aid your adult acne treatment.
- Water up- As a part of your adult acne treatment program, make sure you drink at least 8-10 glasses of clean and filtered water to keep the pores clear.
- Avoid temptation of bursting the acne– It is important to not use hands or nails for popping the zits as germs trapped on these surfaces can worsen the acne.
- Stay off tanning products– As a part of your adult acne treatment regime, it is important to steer clear of tanning beds as the harmful UV rays can make acne worse.
- Follow a balanced diet– A balanced diet can help complement your adult acne treatment and mainly consists of essential vitamins, minerals and proteins etc. Fruits, vegetables, fatty fish like salmon, nuts such as walnuts, flaxseeds, olive oil etc are all natural ingredients that are good for the skin.
- Get regular exercise– As stated before exercise is important to keep stress levels low. Sweating after exercise also helps the skin release toxic elements from the body.
- Opt for regular cleanses and detox– Regular liver and colonic cleanses can aid the adult acne treatment program by helping the overburdened elimination systems get rid of years of toxic pileup. Talk to your doctor about regular juicing and detox diets that can aid in acne control.
- Use natural products like Apple cider vinegar- Many people have seen good results in clearing up acne blemishes by regularly consumption of apple cider vinegar along with warm water or juice. ACV taken every morning on an empty stomach helps start sluggish bowels and clears acne. (Discontinue use if acne flare-ups worsen.)
- Epsom salt baths– Epsom salt baths can be made a part of the adult acne treatment especially for acne present on shoulders, arms, back, and hips etc. Add some Epsom salts to a tubful of water and soak daily for good results.
These are a few dos and don’ts that can enhance your conventional adult acne treatment program and help you see faster results in getting a clearer skin.